Dynamite Maps Contest #1 (DM01)
[UPDATE] The Dynamite Maps Contest #1 [DM01] has now ended (06/26/12). We have tabulated the votes, crunched the numbers, and have posted the results.
Statswise, here’s a look at DM01 by the numbers:
- 240 plays
- 150 votes
- 10 maps
- 6 makers
- 4 early birds
Thanks to all the players, voters, and makers for making our first contest such a success!
We can’t wait to share details about [DM02]…coming soon! Follow @DynamiteMaps on Twitter to get the news first.
The time has finally arrived for our first contest! We hope you are as excited as we are. The theme for this first contest is “SPACE”. Feel free to interpret the theme however you see fit. We can’t wait to see the maps that you come up with!
If you’re interested in participating in DM01, be sure to follow the guidelines below to avoid disqualification.
- All entries must be new and creation must occur only during the contest period.
- All entries must be submitted during the contest period.
- All entries must contain the tag “[DM01]” in the title (for example: “My Cool Level [DM01]“).
- All entries must be based on the theme.
- Participants may submit a maximum of three entries.
- The contest begins tonight at midnight (June 7th, 12:00AM PDT).
- The contest ends in two weeks at midnight (June 21st, 12:00 AM PDT).
- Judging for the People’s Choice Award will end five days after the submission deadline (June 26th, 12:00 AM PDT).
- Winners for all awards will be announced on this website the morning of June 26th.
The People’s Choice Award will be judged by YOU. Here’s how:
- Find a contest map by searching for “[DM01]“.
- Play thru the map and complete it.
- Give it a rating.
- Repeat for as many maps as you can.
Judging for the People’s Choice Award begins the moment a map is shared. All submitted ratings will be tabulated as part of the contest. The winner will be determined by the highest ranked average rating. This simple algorithm will make sure that the number of ratings is taken into account. That is, an entry with a single 5-star rating will not be ranked as high as an entry with 10 5-star ratings and 1 4-star rating even though the average rating is higher. (For more details on the algorithm, read this article.)
Additional awards will be determined by the website administrators. We reserve the right to reward as many awesome maps as possible.
While we think the best prize is recognition from one’s peers, we are working on getting some simple prizes to share with the winners.
[UPDATE] We have secured a couple different indie game and music bundles as prizes for this first contest. All prizes will be distributed upon completion of the contest.
Early Bird Incentive [NEW]
We really can’t wait to see what you are working on, so we’ve decided to add an incentive to get an early peek and build excitement. To qualify for this incentive, here’s what you need to do:
- Create and submit an entry that meets all the guidelines.
- Reply in the comments to this post that you are participating in the contest.
- (Optional) Tell the world about it on Twitter and/or Facebook.
Remember, the contest doesn’t begin until tonight at midnight (PDT). Please do not submit an entry before that time as it will not be included in the contest. Finally, we are not lawyers, so it’s very likely we missed something obvious. We will adjust the guidelines as necessary in keeping with the spirit of the contest.
So…who’s in? Let us know in the comments!